d Immigration Lawyer in Salt Lake City \ Immigration Lawyers Association - Slcimmigrationattorneys
Immigration Newsletter

Controlling Alien Admission - Immigrant Visas - Employment-Based Visas - Labor

Certification - Effectiveness

Most aliens in two employment-based classifications, the EB-2 and EB-3 classifications, must obtain labor certifications as a prerequisite to the issuance of their immigrant visas. It is important that these aliens understand the scope and duration of their certifications and that they understand the potential effect of certain changes to the certifications before the immigration process is complete. More...

Grounds for Removal - Public Charge

Grounds for removal - Generally More..

The Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM)

The Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act) is a federal law proposed in the United States Senate that would change current immigration laws to be more favorable to aliens who were minors and who have been educated in the United States. The U.S. House of Representatives has proposed a bill along the same lines, and it is called the Student Adjustment Act. More...

Controlling Alien Admission - Immigrants - Coast Guard Migrant Interdiction

Recently, the United States Coast Guard was made a part of the newly created Department of Homeland Security. Part of the Coast Guard's mission is the interdiction of migrants attempting to enter the U.S. by sea and the general enforcement of immigration law at sea. More...

Methods of Acquiring Citizenship - Location of Birth

In the mid-1800s, the United States Congress first passed formal legislation ensuring that those born in the U.S., with two minor exceptions, were citizens. Soon thereafter, Congress passed an amendment to the U.S. Constitution declaring that those born or naturalized in the U.S. and subject to its jurisdiction were citizens both of the U.S. and the state of their residence. This rule is generally universal, but there are a few exceptions to it, as well. More...

Your case will be handled by an experienced attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction.